Famous celebrities who cottage in Muskoka:
- a Muskoka girl at heart and owns a family retreat by the lake. Though her property can only be accessed by boat, Crawford mentioned in a Hello Magazine interview that she and her family engage in several summer activities including paddle boarding, fishing, swimming and boating.
- the former captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs, is said to own a gigantic waterfront mansion in Muskoka. He's not the only Leafs player to own a cottage in the area, however — almost all of the Leafs (and other Canadian hockey players) do too!
- and her husband Kurt Russell spend so much time in Muskoka that they're practically residents there during the summer. Their cottage is located on the edge of Lake Rosseau and they are typically spotted shopping in the Gravenhurst area.
- known to be a common renter of Muskoka cottage properties. In recent years, the superstar has been spotted vacationing at Lake Rosseau and Old Woman Island (in Lake Muskoka) with friends and family during the summer months.
- like her mom Goldie Hawn, also vacations in Lake Rosseau. The How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days star was once caught by paparazzi hanging out on her cottage dock alongside her now ex-boyfriend Dax Shepard back in 2007.
- a Canadian-born, so it's not surprising that he would choose to cottage in Canada. The SNL alumnus's location of choice for cottaging is Lake Rosseau in Muskoka. He's so in love with the area that he even collaborated with the Royal Canadian mint to create a special edition, $3 coin that depicts his cottage, sailboat, and chairs by the dock!
- a fan of the Muskoka wilderness and often vacations in the region during the summertime. The big shot director is said to own a cottage property on Lake Rosseau along with other famous names. Lake Rosseau has actually been coined "Millionaire's Row" because it is a popular site for celebrity vacation homes.
- reportedly bought a vacation home in Muskoka after his celeb friends Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn moved into the area. Since many movie companies film in Canada, Tom Hanks often travels to Lake Rosseau after a project or during an extended period of downtime.
|All Listings||Under $100,000||$100,000 - $200,000|
|$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000|
|$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000||$700,000 - $800,000|
|$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000||Over $1,000,000|